- Not exactly a light read, but important nonetheless.
- David Foster Wallace said, "no one who is invested in any kind of art can read The Gift and remain unchanged"– he was right.
- Given to me by a friend, haven't read yet.
- A perennial summer favorite– what to do and how to do it.
- Great cover, and everything you need to know about the cultural
- Also given by a friend, also haven't read yet.
Derek Brahney is an artist and conceptual designer living in New York City. We're fans of his projects, some of which balance witty sarcasm with a serious satirical eye aimed at the small annoyances and larger problems of contemporary American life, and others that display a keen eye for transforming the mundane into the surprising & beautiful. There's plenty of the surprising & beautiful in his reading recommendations as well! Thanks, Derek!